Cooking the oats with the onions gives them a risotto-like texture, and stirring in a generous pile of Parmesan cheese for that rich and cheesy taste. Served with poached egg, baby spinach, chives, and of course more Parmesan cheese!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg, poached
- 1/2 medium Holland onion, chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Fresh chives, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Pour in the oats and cook for i minutes. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and let it simmer.
- When the oats is tender, remove from heat.
- Now, stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl and top with spinach and poached egg. Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and chives.