Looking for an easy rice cuisine to cook for Sahur? Sardine Fried Rice is the perfect way to turn ordinary rice into a full meal and it will help you sustain yourself throughout the day. Happy trying!
• Cooking oil
• 2 shallots, peeled & thinly chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled & thinly chopped
• 3 tbsp chilli paste
• 2 birds eye chillies, chopped (optional)
• 2 medium eggs
• 3 cups cooked rice, preferably kept overnight
• 1 can sardine in tomato sauce
• 1 small carrot, diced
• Spring onion, chopped
• Salt to taste
1. Separate the sardine from the sauce and shred the sardine into small chunks or your preferred size.
2. In a wok, heat the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots and garlic until golden brown before adding the chilli paste. Cook the chilli paste until nice and fragrant.
3. Then, add in sardine together with carrot and birds eye chillies. Stir to combine.
4. Once the carrot is tender, add in the eggs and let it cook for a while. Then, throw in the rice and spring onion. Mix it all together.
5. Once everything is well combined, add salt to taste.
6. Best served with a fried egg and crispy fried onions.